Thursday, December 16, 2010

kauai time.

is not like northwest time.
kauai time is Sllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww.
i like it. but i am so not used to it. that past few weeks have been rush rush rush rush.
and now i'm relaxing. and i'm freaking tired.
you know sometimes i think my body goes and goes and goes until i have time to rest. and then i cRaSh hard core. so i'm crashed.
but besides crashing i have done a few things.
yesterday i layed around most of the day not feeling well and then went out to walmart to get windshield wipers for my car.
in the evening after feeling a little better i headed to a girlfriend's place that i met the other night.
she lives on the north shore so i drove up there and found her house after getting slightly lost.
Let me say that one thing that i absolutely LOVE about this island is that my ideas and beliefs are not "different" or "alternative" they are completely normal. i am actually learning a ton about health, nutrition, spirituality and such.
the girls were all open and clear minded and into the things that interest me. it was wonderful. we ate dinner. hula hooped and just enjoyed time with females.
then a friend picked me up and we went out to the bar.
it was a quaint and cute little bar with a open mike. there was some sweet guys singing, playing guitar and drumming. a quite inebriated blonde with legs that could kill a man grabbed my hand and pulled me out onto the dance floor. it was a silly night with friends.
today i finally got my car! returned the rental last night and i felt chained to the house. which i was totally fine with. but eventually i ventured back to the beautiful yard of the mechanic and grabbed my vehicle. i cleaned it up nice and got ready for another sweat.
the sweats are so powerful. i enjoy them so. the night ones are magical, with lights leading to the path winding down the hill to the river. with the lodge across from blazing hot shower. the moon was glistening over head and stars winking down at me. i was wearing a small summer dress and bare feet.
it was a wonderful evening. i am sleepy now. sweet dreams.

1 comment: